After meeting in a hall and a home, immigrants from Norway who had settled in Muskegon made a decision on May 19, 1883 to build a church. Property on the corner of Grand & Barclay was purchased, and Our Savior’s Lutheran Church was dedicated on March 21, 1886, as part of the Hauge Synod.

A new building was constructed in 1952 on the corner of Southern & Barclay. Additions were built in the late 1960s and 2000, when an elevator was added to accommodate all.

We are now part of the North/West Lower Michigan Synod in the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. We continue to preach and teach God’s word and witness to the Nims neighborhood and to the city of Muskegon.


Be the first to comment.

Leave a Reply